Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

Sweeter Than Candy

Which is SWEETER
a CANDY BAR or a THOUGHT?
The candy holds the SUGAR,
But a thought TEARS the wrapper.

Let me tell you a story. A story that's been long buried in the depths of my imagination. A story that is to be restored and remembered. I repeat, let me tell you a story.

Once upon a time, there was a king who lived where the mountains reached for the heavens. He had three pleasing daughters whom he loved dearly.

As he grew older, he began to wonder which would inherit the kingdom since none had married and he had no heir. He decided to ask the daughters to demonstrate their love for him.

To the eldest princess, he said, "Tell me how much you love me."

She loved him as much as all the treasure in the kingdom.

To the second princess, he said, "Tell me how much you love me."

She loved him more than words could express.

To the youngest princess, he said, "Tell me how much you love me."

She thought for a long time before answering. Finally, she said that she loves him as much as bees love honey.

The king could still not decide among the three and told the princesses that they would have to prove their word true.

Everyday, the eldest daughter would give her father jewelry made of precious stones. The second daughter composed poems to lull her father to sleep. The youngest daughter offered her father sweets. 

This continued until the king had took in too much sugar that gave him a heart disease. He passed away moments after.

The youngest princess was found guilty and was thrown from the castle and had the bridge drawn up behind her so she may not return.

Now let me ask you a question.

Which killed the king?

The youngest princess or the sweets?



Written by Allaine Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment